We were discussing how event lead tracking works, or more accurately doesn't work, when he came up with this gem; and it's tragically accurate.
- Leads that are appropriate, but never get followed up on.
- Leads that are the wrong person, the wrong time or just wrong.
- A list of scanned attendees that only came to your booth for <<insert reason here, but not the one you wanted>>.
- The expense.
- The delays.
- The inefficiencies.
- The meaningless data.
- The different tools (swipe, scan, insert, write your name here).
- The inconsistencies . . . it goes on and on and on.
For all of the effort and poor results, it would almost be better to just collect business cards - if anyone carries them anymore.
Over the next several weeks, we will be publishing a series of white papers and articles in the business and event press that will outline the problem, the opportunity and our proposed solutions.
Viva leads . . . we're about to do something about that.